We envision a community that equips its people to invigorate democracy and expand the concept of learning through dialogue, reflection and collaborative work.
The Reggio-Inspired Network of Minnesota is a dynamic forum for collaborative inquiry, exchange and advocacy focusing on the experience of childhood and the process of learning. As a community of educators, parents and citizens who share an interest in the philosophy of the municipal preschools and infant-toddler centers of Reggio Emilia, Italy, we affect the lives of children and their families by
- recognizing the inherent power, competence and rights of children,
- supporting relationships,
- drawing from our local cultures and contexts,
- making Reggio-inspired work visible.
- Promote the integration of theory, practice and decision-making to support children and families
- Enrich the connections and communication among the community of learners, locally, nationally and internationally
- Raise the visibility of children and the work of the Network
- Grow the community of learners engaging in dialogue with Reggio philosophy and practice
- Build the resources necessary to support the mission and work of the Network
Our Strategic Plan 2014 - 2019