Wandering and Wondering: Connecting the Joy of Loose Parts To the Early Childhood Setting
Featuring Carla Gull, nationally renowned speaker on the whys and hows of using "Loose Parts" with children of all ages to support creativity and inquiry.
- How can we respond to children's interests and needs by offering them open-ended materials?
- How can we use "loose parts" to make our classroom environments enticing, stimulating and appropriately challenging for children?
- How can we support children's inventiveness through our intentional, thoughtful presence and planning?
8:00 AM - Registration
8:30 - Welcome and introductions
9:00 - Keynote Speaker, Carla Gull
10:45 - Break-Out Sessions: Choice of smaller group workshops including:
- Using loose parts outdoors in nature
- Materials in the classroom: A conversation on getting started
- Rethinking Nicholson’s 10 Principles
12:00 - Lunch and networking; Book vendors: Red Leaf Press, Oleanna Books and Debra Fish Library1:00 PM - Group Reflection, Door Prizes and closing
Benilde-St. Margaret’s School
2501 Highway 100 S.
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Register Online by Monday, September 30, 2019
Cost includes lunch and CEU’s