In our Saturday Gathering on 10/24, we will be exploring the environment of the Westwood Early Childhood Center.
Here are some guiding questions to consider when exploring environments:
- On what values do you base the design of your environment?
- What do you see in the environment as potential for beauty, integration, fluidity?
- What struggles do you have? What issues in your context cannot be changed?
- How do you strategize to deal with them?
- How can infant/toddler environments integrate beauty, experiences, materials and safety?
- How can we make the most of the unique aspects of our context?
By Sandy Burwell (questions originally posted on 3.20.14)