Home * Join Us * Donate * Resources
St. Paul School of Northern Lights is a public charter school serving students in grades K-8 in St. Paul’s West 7th neighborhood. St. Paul School of Northern Lights is looking for an instructional leader who is passionate about the mission, vision, and educational philosophies of the school with a desire to support and collaborate with teachers in their ongoing development.
● 5+ years teaching experience
● Experience with the Northern Lights’ foundational philosophies: the Reggio-Emilia, Finnish, and Place-Based approaches to education
● Commitment to the Northern Lights’ Mission and Vision
● MN teaching or administrator licensure
● Experience working in urban school settings with diverse student populations
● Knowledge of MN state standards and assessments
● Teaching experience in a Reggio-Emilia inspired environment
● Leadership experience
● In collaboration with the School Leader and Teacher Leaders, plan and facilitate staff professional development and collaboration
● Support teachers with documentation and developing skills to make student thinking and learning visible to students, families, colleagues and community
● Support teachers in developing their understanding and application of Reggio principles
● Observe students and teachers in their learning environments and provide job-embedded coaching and feedback
● Support teachers in developing plans that align with school philosophies and state standards
● Coordinate curriculum, materials and assessments
● Collect and analyze data to inform strategic planning
● Collaborate with students, families and colleagues in support of students and our community
● Attend and facilitate all-school events during the school year
● Attend and facilitate community-building and recruitment events during the summer
● Serve on the school’s Child Find team
● Lead the school’s Pedagogy Committee
Start Date: Flexible
This is a salaried, 12 month position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Ngendakuriyo at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in St Paul School of Northern Lights. SPSNL is authorized by Innovative Quality Schools.
Educational Project of Reggio-Emilia
All content and articles may be used for educational purposes with proper citation (Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License).
Reggio-Inspired Network of Minnesota is a 501(c)3 non-profit located at 525 Pelham Blvd. N., Saint Paul, MN 55104